Fabric flowers: More roses

I’m not making all the flowers myself – once I’ve figured out the pattern and chosen the fabric, M* is helping me with some of them; she finished off the rest of the burgundy cord roses. She also made all these using the same pattern from a velvet skirt that no longer fit.

To escape burgundy overload, I used the same modified pattern to make these;

I got the material from ebay – an old sample book full of slightly different, cream, upholstery fabrics.

So, current flower count: burgundy cord roses: 40 large, 12 medium, 12 rosebuds;** burgundy velvet: 36 large, 8 rosebuds; cream roses: 8 large, 2 medium, 5 rosebuds. Total: 123 (124) flowers… lots to go.***

* Aka, Mum
** plus one template that probably won’t make the cut
*** and big thanks to M
Advertisements
This entry was posted in fabric flowers, wedding. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s