Fabric Flowers: Dahlias, some wired

On Tuesday (I’m still catching up) I met with a friend in Leeds, which gave me an opportunity to run through what will be my new commute as of september 6th, and explore the city I’ll be working in. We found a great Japanese/Sushi place for lunch and a haberdasher’s which meant I came home with more fabric. I think D’s getting used to it…

I took supplies with me to make more of these but I didn’t cut enough ribbon/was too fast and by our late afternoon coffee stop and chat I ran out… So I did the obvious thing and got my scissors out and started on the new fabric. Making it up as I went along a got this:

not bad eh?

I adapted a pattern found via Martha, which had also produced these;

Once I’d tested the pattern and chosen the fabric, M made most of these for me, I’ve held off showing them to you because they really don’t look much without their stems added (my bit). The original plan was for them to be exactly like the Martha ones, but once I saw them finished I felt they lacked a certain something, and was a little worried there would be too much burgundy (with all the roses), so I used an old top of mine to make red buttons and added them as centres. Now I just need to stem the rest and add leaves. I’ve chosen an old shirt of dave’s in cotton to contrast with the shine of the silk.

Advertisements
This entry was posted in fabric flowers, wedding. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s